Thursday, February 14, 2013

Can't You See That You...


So it's a Thursday today, so what? Oh right, it's Valentine's Day... the day of "couples". Now don't get me wrong, I AM honestly bitter about this day to the point I "usually" don't go out, EVER. But I guess things have to change, I can't afford NOT going to school now that I'm in college, it's too risky to miss a quiz here and there. So if you're single (like me... >_<) and "forced" to treat the day like any other day, just listen to Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me" and wish that the "Laws of Attraction" would be just as simple.


You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upsetShe's going off about something that you said'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday nightI'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't likeAnd she'll never know your story like I do

But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirtsShe's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachersDreaming about the day when you wake up and findThat what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands youBeen here all along, so why can't you see?You, you belong with me, you belong with me

Walking the streets with you and your worn-out jeansI can't help thinking this is how it ought to beLaughing on a park bench, thinking to myselfHey, isn't this easy?

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole townI haven't seen it in a while since she brought you downYou say you're fine, I know you better than thatHey, what ya doing with a girl like that?

She wears high heels, I wear sneakersShe's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachersDreaming about the day when you wake up and findThat what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands youBeen here all along, so why can't you see?You belong with me

Standing by and waiting at your back doorAll this time how could you not know?Baby, you belong with me, you belong with me

Oh, I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the nightI'm the one who makes you laugh when you know you're 'bout to cryAnd I know your favorite songs and you tell me 'bout your dreamsThink I know where you belong, think I know it's with me

Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you?Been here all along, so why can't you see?You belong with me

Standing by and waiting at your back doorAll this time, how could you not know?Baby, you belong with me, you belong with me

You belong with meHave you ever thought just maybeYou belong with me?You belong with me
http://www.metrolyrics.com/you-belong-with-me-lyrics-taylor-swift.html

Suddenly this song reminds of a friend of mine, I mean it's obvious that she likes the guy but said guy has a girlfriend, although they've got some complications brewing. So maybe if destiny could have it, my friend could probably end up like Taylor Swift here. Yeah keep wishing, maybe your long time crush (or "friend"...) would suddenly see you in a different light, which will then end in a happy ending like the one in the music video.

Although, I think the guy treated her as the "next" best option (or rebound...) and like a saying goes, "If yo spend TOO LONG holding on to someone who treats you like an OPTION, you will MISS finding the ONE who will treat you like a PRIORITY." Happy Valentine's Day guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment