Saturday, November 17, 2012

Christmas Gift Ideas -- The Gift of Wishes

This post is inspired by a tweet from Fully Booked online earlier. It's about a Christmas Wish List. Do you have one? Time was when I would have one annually. My daughter had one too. She used to write to Santa Claus about what she would want to have. Then we try to fulfill her wishes. That seemed like a long time ago.


I must admit I haven't been much into Christmas shopping or any of the secular materialism associated with the season. Christmas break means the holidays and vacation goes with it. It also means I don't have extra income from my hourly tutorial. So I guess I was never really fond of it. 

What I do look forward to is the "Simbang Gabi." The Midnight Masses -- more like early morning masses -- that start from 16th December until 24th December. To me, Christmas is celebrating life and thanking God for every blessings that come my way. At the same time, it's praying for more blessings to come in the coming new year. What I do like to believe is that my wishes are granted after I have completed the novena for nine mornings. 

Going back to the tweet from Fully Booked, what's on your holiday book wish list? Here are a few suggestions in case you don't have one yet.......


'Tis the season to be merry. But in case you want to make it more meaningful, why not try granting someone's wishes for this season? Christmas is, after all, the season of giving and sharing. ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment