Thursday, October 25, 2012

Stop Wasting Water, Stop Wasting Tears


Hi pips! I've got news for you guys! Starting from now on, my blogs will be "auto-scheduled" or something like that. You see, I'm finding it hard to juggle reading some of my books and blogging at the same time. Now that I think about it, I'll find it more difficult to blog anything at all once school starts! So I'll probably be blogging a ton for a day about different things and I'll be putting them up the shelf, just waiting to be released, so I hope you guys wouldn't mind.


So it's Thursday today and it's supposed to be Anime Reviews Day, but I've thought of an alternate topic every Thursday so maybe I'll give it a try. What am I going to blog about? Well, I thought about "Music Reviews" or something like that. How will I blog about music? Well I wouldn't know, if I wouldn't try right? So here goes, the song for this Thursday will be, "Teardrops on my Guitar" by Taylor Swift. Why I picked that song? I don't know, maybe I just felt like it! Anyway, here's the song: 



While you're listening to the song or maybe after you've listened to it, I'll be giving my opinions based on the lyrics or something like that. Here's the lyrics just in case you want it:


Drew looks at me
I fake a smile so he won't see
What I want and I need
And everything that we should be

I'll bet she's beautiful
That girl he talks about
And she's got everything
That I have to live without

Drew talks to me
I laugh 'cause it's just so funny
I can't even see
Anyone when he's with me

He says he's so in love
He's finally got it right
I wonder if he knows
He's all I think about at night

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing
Don't know why I do

Drew walks by me
Can he tell that I can't breathe?
And there he goes, so perfectly
The kind of flawless I wish I could be

She better hold him tight
Give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes
And know she's lucky 'cause

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing
Don't know why I do

So I drive home alone
As I turn out the light
I'll put his picture down
And maybe get some sleep tonight

'Cuz he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart
He's the song in the car I keep singing
Don't know why I do

He's the time taken up but there's never enough
And he's all that I need to fall into
Drew looks at me
I fake a smile so he won't see

[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/t/taylor-swift-lyrics/teardrops-on-my-guitar-lyrics.html ]


First of all, I don't know where or how to start but for all that it's worth, I'm happy enough to tell you that I can relate to the song. No don't be shocked, I'm a healthy 17-year old who has gone through stuff like these so yeah, I guess having an "unrequited" crush on somebody is kind of normal for teens like us nowadays. To tell you the truth, I had a really big crush on this guy during my first sem in college, surprisingly for me though, I made the first move to get to know him better. Yes I know, I've got guts but hey, I gotta make sure I'm not crushing on the wrong "guy" you know. So yeah, the sem ended with me being friends with him and you could say I did the most unexpected thing possible that even my mom couldn't get over it when I told her, I told him. 


Although, I wasn't expecting anything in return, the guy's got a freaking girlfriend you know! Of course, telling him kept my mind at ease, I wouldn't just emo around a corner thinking "what ifs" and stuff like that. Like my mom would usually say, "Damn if you do, damn if you don't"; besides, I'd rather regret doing something than doing nothing. A little advice though, a guy like the one in the song isn't worth your tears, especially if he doesn't have a clue what you're crying about; so don't get too carried away by emotions. Remember, having a crush isn't exactly falling in love. 


For me, a crush is an infatuation, like a passing fancy; love is something deeper and meaningful. Of course, I haven't been "in love" to really understand the word but we get to experience love in ways that we may be taking for granted after all, like love from family and friends. If you've got them in your life, maybe the romantic sort of love can wait. After all, love isn't supposed to be a one-sided thing right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment