Sunday, October 21, 2012

Flowers and Candlelight


Hello, hello guys! It's almost been a week since my first blog this month and I'm striving hard to continue blogging and keeping you guys entertained. For this Sunday, I'll be taking a rest from thinking random thoughts, I'll probably be doing a recollection of thoughts from the recent happenings in my life. 


To tell you the truth, I don't exactly know where to start, a lot of things can happen in a person's life that we usually take for granted. Right now though, I'll be blogging about the day's events, the day that we went to the cemetery to visit my late grandfather.

That's Manila Memorial Park!

I'm sure a lot of you guys know why we went to the cemetery today since it's nearing Halloween and stuff like that, so we went to Manila Memorial Park, where the family mausoleum is located. Yeah I know, cool with the mausoleum part right? Well, you haven't seen anything yet. I'm telling you, every year I get really disturbed by the fact that the mausoleums look like the houses that we living people live in, creepy... If you don't believe me, take a look at these pics, they're our "neighbors" just so you know:


This is a "mausoleum away"
from ours...
This is the one on our side...
This is the one in front of ours...
...and this is ours... 


What we did there, you ask? Well aside from taking pictures around the "park", we mostly lit the candles and incenses we brought with us and said our respective prayers; the usual flowers were also laid near my grandpa's picture. After that, we stayed there until pass noon drinking sodas and eating the snacks that we brought with us.


These were the flowers that we bought...

So I guess that's it then. Another year, another day will probably pass by but I guess when your time is up, those dates wouldn't matter anyway. So why don't we live life to its fullest and let's start doing it now! 



No comments:

Post a Comment