Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Gaming on Different Dimensions

With my last experience of virtual reality gaming, I couldn't help but find it a little... boring. Since I just sat there getting myself shaken and stirred like some cocktail drink, with no real interaction with the game. So when I saw that Lucky Chinatown had this latest gaming craze, I just had to try it out!


It just screams, "Try me!"


The first time I tried it, I played a one-player shooting game called Brookhaven. You first had to pick a location, your weapon of choice, and that's where the thrill begins!


No worries about zombies eating my brains here... ;D


Honestly, it wasn't really that terrifying, sure there were zombie-like creatures crawling towards you in a dark sewage system, but nothing really "jumpscare" worthy if you ask me. Which makes me laugh every time I remember this lady who actually screamed out loud in the middle of the mall while playing the same game.



Since my first try seemed a little lackluster, I decided to play again. This time with my cousin for a change, since if it wasn't fun playing alone, then I guess it would be more fun with a 2nd player.


Getting ready for some action! XD

There were only 2 multi-player games at that time, and the game coordinator suggested the one for beginners. I went with that since it's my cousin's first time ever playing any sort of VR game.



Lo and behold, it turned out my cousin beat me for the high score. Though in my defense, she got a 2nd gun while I had only 1, so we weren't exactly on even ground. I also found out that VR gaming is actually fun to play with a 2nd player, maybe next time when I get to drag my cousin into playing again.



No comments:

Post a Comment