Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Simple "Bear" Necessities of Life!

It all started when I first saw the trailer for this movie, and I was like, "Woah! I gotta watch that!" And so I did get to end up watching it last night! *insert drum-roll sounds*

Version Two Point Oh!

So yeah, maybe you didn't expect that or maybe you did (cuz' of the blog title and everything...), but this movie was so epic! Don't believe me? Here's the full trailer:



Honestly, I wasn't much of a fan of the Disney animation one either, but after watching that? Disney's probably working it's magic again. 

Do you believe in fairies? Do you? Do you?

I'll be basing my review not just from the obvious "eye-full" of CGI effects, but I also think the writers provided more depth into the storyline by giving us a hint of Mowgli's (Neel Sethi) origins and how Bagheera (Ben Kingsley) came to find him. They also didn't take away the enjoyable soundtracks we enjoyed from the original Disney animation, so that's a plus on my books. Although a word of warning on some parts of the movie that got me jumping from my seat a little bit in shock, and also the fact that Shere Khan (Idris Elba) here isn't as sophisticated nor comical compared to the Disney animation we remembered as kids. Oh no, he's as fierce and blood-thirsty as any Bengal tiger should be. (... and I think that made the movie all the better...)

This is getting better and better...

Aside from having a darker take compared to the Disney animation, I don't think I can find much fault on the movie really. Cuz' if you think about it, the original kids who've probably got to watch the animation, both in cinemas or on their VHS tapes (which are practically obsolete), could probably well have kids of their own. And let's face it, kids these days wouldn't mind a little violence here and there in movies. (just think about all those zombie movies...) So I guess, you can't blame Disney if they have to go with the times afterall, the world is changing.

'Em 'ah right?

Until another epic movie comes along, see yah! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment