Sunday, March 1, 2020

Travelling in the Time of Corona - To Go or Not to Go?

Although at that certain point in time, the only dilemma we were facing was finding a tour around Cambodia that didn't just offer Siem Reap (and even if they did have a Phnom Penh package, they just didn't combine tours).



Coming to this travel fair should have given us at least a dozen, if not a couple of options...




...but none of them got back to us. And yes, I waited at least a week (or two) before I decided to rethink my options. Insert my mom, who's been going on about this travel agency she'd seen a local celebrity promote, on how they were biking along the Temples of Angkor Wat and it got me into research mode, again.



So Pros & Cons time: My main Con at that time was what if Access Travels proved to be too expensive out of reach for my budget? It was overwhelming enough to see that it was mostly our local celebrities who promoted them, so can an ordinary person like me really afford their services??? Well I'd have to inquire to find out.



The Pros was that it was smooth transacting with them. Like, I just sent this itinerary from another travel agency, (who also didn't get back to me) Access said it was possible, we got down to business, and the rest was history. So everything was all laid down and set for our February trip (I contacted them last November 2019), but then fast forward to just a few weeks before our departure, another dilemma arose...



Just like that, flights from China, Hong Kong, Macau were being cancelled. A co-worker of mine didn't even get to enjoy her vacation to Taiwan after they made a travel ban there too, just a week before her intended departure. So now all I had to do was hope against hope.




Turns out we made it! There's still quite a number of people in the airport though who still prefer to wear face masks, which is a good thing in itself 'cuz one can never be too careful... 



Find out more next week how our first day in the city of Phnom Penh went! See yah!



No comments:

Post a Comment