Sunday, August 5, 2018

Some Plans Are Meant To Be Changed

So for the last days of summer, we still managed to squeeze in a few days of vacation. At first we were planning to go to Cagayan Valley up north, but due to an upcoming storm, our travel agency (A Whole New World Travels) suggested a last minute alternative (kudos to AWNW for the quick thinking).


This leads us down south in Caramoan located at Camarines Sur. Now if you've read some of my previous blog posts, you'd probably have an idea how AWNW travels work, the only difference this time was the meeting place which was at SM MOA. Travel time was at least 12 hours, so you can imagine how relieved I was when we finally arrived.


It was around 11 when we arrived and we were given time to get settled in while lunch was being prepared at the pension home we were staying in.

It surprisingly has large, air-conditioned rooms!

At around 1pm we set off for the first island of the day! Though I honestly didn't know what to expect but a bunch of islands and never-ending salt water, it was refreshing to go on vacation with an open mind and not knowing what new and exciting things will come your way.


Lahos Island, as I've come to observe, is a stretch of shockingly white sand between some rock formations which make for brilliant wave-crashing shots.

LandAhoy!



 



I guess it was due to the initial shock of seeing such a fine stretch of beach that I didn't get to wade into the waters. However, I made sure to make the most of our 2nd stop, Matukad Island.



Also known as the Enchanted Lagoon by its locals due to a pair of seemingly fresh water fish that kind of embodies Yin & Yang; it's said to grant wishes once you catch a glimmer of them. Unfortunately I didn't, (and I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking at...) but I did brave the climb up and the view was absolutely worth it!


Ain't no fishies here...
Just had to strike a pose :D




Finally got an aerial view of an island!

I also got to wade into the water a bit since I felt like I needed to cool down after the climb. It wasn't long before we had to leave for the last island for the day.


What a view!

Unlike Lahos Island, Minalahos Island was more rock than sand though (I guess that's how they named it, like "mini-lahos"), and since the rocks had an "edgier" look to them, I opted to stay in the water this time around.


When there's too little land, but too much people...




Staying close since I don't wanna drift away...

We got back at the inn just before the sun went down; I guess it's safer to navigate the waters that way. As for the night life, there's really not much to see as it's totally dark outside.



With that said, I'll be more than happy to blog about what happens on our 2nd day of island hopping. Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment