Saturday, December 1, 2012

Is it Healthy to be Always In Love?



Hey there guys! Good to hear from me after a long time right? Yeah well, school just started and everything's been busy-busy, but I'll be dedicating my time with you guys for today! Anyway, even if school started, I don't want to change anything in my blog sched, so if you've been reading my blog for some time now (before my mom invaded it with her "Christmas Gift Ideas"...), you probably wouldn't feel lost and out-of-place.


So Saturday, today we will be blogging some movie reviews! Yeah, I still have time to go to the cinemas while being busy-busy with all the school stuff, and here's what I got to watch recently: "24/7 in Love". For starters, this movie is filled with different plots and characters all interwoven into one film, so there are a lot of directors who collaborated here. 

Love is in the air people!!! <3

With that said, right now I'm planning on reviewing it per plot line, so wish me luck! Anyway, the movie starts with the question "What do you plan on doing on Dec.21,2012?" (you know, the "end-of-the-world" stuff...) This is where Jane (Kathryn Bernardo) decides to use this simple question as the basis of the video she plans to send to the "Billy Fernandez's Contest" in hopes of meeting Billy (Daniel Padilla) up close. As Jane goes about asking this one question, we get to see the many aspects of the different people she gets to interview, the first one we see is Virgie (Pokwang). What's a 40-year-old virgin gonna do when she meets a guy like Charles (Sam Milby)? Second up is Barbara, (Maja Salvador), who is hopelessly in love with her playboy boss Ken (Diether Ocampo), does he even feel the same for her? Love is put to the test in this story when Verna (Angelica Panganiban), goes to Vietnam to have some time to think, there she meets Elvis (John Lloyd Cruz), will it be love or an affair? Another crazy thing about love is when Belle (Bea Alonzo), falls for her gay bestfriend Butch (Zanjoe Marudo), can it be anymore complicated? Next we get a glimpse of puppy-love with Jomar (Zaijan Jaranilla), when he decides to pursue the girl of his dreams, Ayie (Xyriel Manabat), does first love truly last? Lastly we have workaholic Patty (Kim Chiu) having her past back to haunt her when she's forced to track down Alvin (Gerald Anderson) for her agency, is love really sweeter the second time around? In the end we've got a lot of questions about love, but one thing's for sure though, love is the best thing that a person can ever experience. (and I'm not only talking about the romantic kind...)




I guess that's it! If you want my personal inputs on the movie though, I'd say the first one was for comedic effect; the second one was just to get by; the third and fourth one were bitter-sweet, but realistic so I kinda prefer them. The next was kind of sweet when you consider friendship above all things first; and the last (but definitely not the least...) has a coming-of-age sort of effect. Oh, and the Jane-Billy (KathNiel) story was good in the way they stuck all the pieces of the film together; in the end, we all had fun being 24/7 in Love! So see you guys next time for another movie review! I'm planning on watching another one this weekend so stay tuned for next week! Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment