Sunday, March 15, 2020

Getting Around Phnom Penh - Strolling Around Street 240

I read in an article that Street 240 was some of the nice places to shop at, and it just so happens that I researched a couple of stores that I wanted to go to in that area, so here I am!


Turns out, Pass App was really reliable and I think the fare price was practical for that distance too. Keep in mind that the app shows the fare in Cambodian Riel, but you can still pay in US Dollars (which is more commonly used in this country), though be prepared to be given change in the form of Riel. And since all that on-the-spot conversion got me hungry, it was time to stop by for lunch first!




In all honesty, I slightly had to use Google Maps in order to find the exact place where the Artillery was located, since we had to go inside this little alleyway in order to find it nestled just around the corner, but all totally worth it!


You gotta love these street arts!




I'm not much of a vegetarian, but I'm currently in the process of eating less pork in my diet, and their Tofu Sandwich was delish! And I also didn't pass up the chance to have some ice cream on this fine, hot afternoon.

I think this was the Thai Quinoa Crunch??? (mom's order)

Sizzling Tofu (I loved it!!!)
And let's not forget dessert! (Coconut + Choco Chunks = Bounty Island)

Having satisfied our hunger, we set off to find some of the stores I was curious about.








I adored the interior of Mekong Quilts' store when I saw it on Google Maps and I just had to see it for myself, and I also couldn't help but make a purchase too:


Meet, Mr. Pig! (I know, not really an original name so...)

And since my mom still had a little hangover from buying postcards, I suggested stopping by D's Books:


Can you spot my mom?

Gotta save up for my next "pages"!

You could say that the exhaustion of the day started catching with us, so we decided to head back to the hotel by then. Although we did have to make a stop at a Kiwi Mart (convenience store) along the way to buy some much needed water. But we got back just in time to see the sunset from the Sky Bar!


By this point, we were well and truly "Poofed!", so we had room service deliver our dinner (just a couple of clubhouse sandwiches) to our room instead:



Stay tuned for my next post on what's on our 2nd day itinerary in the city of Phnom Penh!











No comments:

Post a Comment