Sunday, June 23, 2019

Déjà vu's Gonna Follow Where I Go - Sidetrip to Ilocos Tour

On the last day of our tour in Cagayan, I was hoping we'd drop by the city proper just to buy some locally-made souvenirs but alas, we were outnumbered by the other tour members who wanted to have the sidetrip to Ilocos. Now if you've read my previous posts, you'd probably know that we've been to Ilocos 2 years prior and that this all seems like déjà vu, but it's not like we'd have any say in the matter so off to Ilocos we did go!


Does this look familiar to you? (2019)

It sure does... (2017)

I think it's safe to make this post more on reminiscing the places we've been to 2 years ago since not much has exactly changed since then, though I did notice there were more shop stalls near the Bangui Windmills.


2017

2019

We also had lunch at the same place we had eaten 2 years ago, and I finally got the name of the establishment! Turns out they already have a lemonade stand and resort built too.



After a few more hours on the road, we stopped at Paoay Church in the midst of the hot afternoon sun so we decided to try some dragonfruit ice cream, which I didn't get to try the first time we were here.




Our last stop before heading back to Manila was Vigan, though we opted to stay in the van and just take a few pictures from there while the other tour members decided to explore a bit.


Church pic on a Sunday

So we managed to leave the province of Ilocos at around 5PM and arrived in Manila at 2 in the morning. Although it's a good thing I didn't have much in terms of workload the following day, or I would have been so out of it.



Here's a compiled video of that day since I didn't exactly feel like filming every single stop we made in Ilocos during that time.


All in all Travel Tayo Tours did great in sticking with their original itinerary, and I didn't really blame them for this sudden change in schedule since Cagayan Valley seemed to somehow lack a wide array of tourist spots compared to Ilocos. With that said, I'm still willing to try some of the tour packages Travel Tayo has to offer in the near future. So until next time, ciao!





No comments:

Post a Comment